Volunteers play an integral role in the delivery of services at St. David’s Neighbourhood Centre and are a valued part of our workforce. Volunteering is a good way to keep active and involved in your community and in doing so enriching your life and touching others.
Volunteers are involved in all aspects of the Centre and are needed in the following areas:
- Thrift Shop – receiving and sorting donations and point of sale service
- Centre Based Activities for frail and older people and younger people with a disability
- Social Support – one-on-one home visits with frail and older people
- Stay n Play Playgroup– assisting coordinator in set up, monitoring of children , activities and pack up
- Bus driver for the Harmony Club
- Office volunteer incl. data entry, form creation and electronic work
- Social groups volunteer for English Classes and other groups
- Other areas incl. gardening, cleaning or any area in which you have a skill or interest
As a volunteer you will be making a tangible difference to people’s lives which will also lead to your own personal development. Volunteer roles are non discriminatory and are open to people of all ages, backgrounds and circumstances.
All positions working in the building require a bluecard check whilst Social Support volunteers are required to have a police check. To download our Application Volunteer Form just CLICK HERE.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering then please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.