Stay n Play Playgroup
Stay n Play is a welcoming, safe and inclusive playgroup for parents/ grandparents/ carers and children (0-5 years).
Our program runs 5 days per week (Monday to Friday) and on some school holidays, from 9.30 to 11.30 am.
Families bring their own morning tea, hat, sunscreen and change of clothes.
Tea/ coffee and cold water are provided.
Stay n Play playgroup program is delivered by a qualified Early Childhood Coordinator and is supported by volunteers. Our Coordinator plans and reviews the program to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved by the families that attend.
The program is designed to provide:
- A safe, inclusive and supporting environment for all families and children
- Fun and creative programs encouraging mutual interaction between parents and children
- Information, workshops and education on a range of parenting issues.
- Intergenerational activities with other programs at St David’s Neighbourhood centre.
- Information and activities within the local community.
What children learn?
- Social and emotional development – how children interact with others and manage their own feelings. Children are able to practice their social skills in a safe and non- judgemental environment, by joining in group music/story time, taking turns and sharing resources.
- Physical development – fine and gross motor skills are developed through participating in various activities at Stay n Play playgroup e.g. climbing, riding bikes, ball play, play dough, painting, craft and water play.
- Speech and language development – Children communicate through verbal and non-verbal cues, reading and practice writing/ drawing, singing and story time.
- Cognitive development – children practice their problem solving skills, learning to think about and understand the world around them.
What parents learn?
- Social interactions with other adults – parents are able to relax and talk with other adults while their children play in a safe and happy environment.
- Support network – the Stay n Play program is run by a coordinator who is able to provide support and information to families, supervision and age appropriate activities.
- Parenting information – a parent library is available for parents to access. Workshops and informal discussion are also held at Stay n Play and are provided free for families to attend.
Stay n Play Playgroup on Facebook
Join our Stay n Play Facebook group